Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Make it Monday, Tuesday Trigger

It's a busy week over here...Mardi Gras was Tuesday so there have been parades all weekend. So with all that's been going on, I haven't been too inspired. To help jump start my creativity, I decided to try the Make it Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink and the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger together.

The MIM challenge is to distress edges. Usually, I'm not really into distressing edges with scissors, sand paper, etc, but I took the challenge to step out of my comfort zone.

The Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World is this gorgeous photo:


I love the color combination in the photo...so soft and pretty.

Here's what I came up with...



I used some chipboard shapes I had in my stash and distressed the edges of the bird with some scissors. I love how it kind of gives the bird some "feathers". For the background pattern I inked the stamp with three different chalk ink colors to give it a soft colored effect. All the edges were distressed with PTI Chamomile ink. I stamped the sentiment on a transparency sheet so it wouldn't cover up any of the chipboard elements and used the white ink to distress the edges so it would stand out a bit.



Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Inkadinkado Bold Damasks, PTI Dot Spot, Think Big Favorites #1
Ink: Versa Magic Chalk Ink, Brilliance Moonlight White, Papertrey Ink Chamomile
Spritz: Smooch Spritz
Fibers: Making Memories, Wrights
Punch: Martha Stewart
Brads: K & Company
Misc: Chipboard, transparency sheet

5 comments:

  1. I love your card! Love the soft colors and the bird "feathers" are adorable! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeal! I love it! The sweet ribbons make such awesome tailfeathers, and I love the sentiment...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how I love your bird...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling! love your bird and rhinestone accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tiffany! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete